help

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
so today im driving up a nice grade when the truck starts shaking and running very rough the truck started to slow from about 60 mph to 45. in the rear view i cant see a thing behind me but lots of black smoke yeah it looked nice but was not normal. pull over and the idle is very rough causing the truck to shake bad . im figuring it has to be with the injection system she has about 195000 miles on her. any ideas thanks guys

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Check the air filter. Sounds like you plugged it up with something. Thats the first thing to do.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the air filter,start with the basics grab an extra fuel filter and load it with a good cleaner (ATF, diesel kleen etc), run it for a min or so to bring it into the motor, then let her sit for a bit and see what happens

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
so after all this about a month or so ago i replaced the rockers and push rods on the 6 hole, everything seemed fine afterwards,but today im starting to notice an unusual tick, im very new to all of this, basically teaching myself, the compression seems to be fine. any ideas what is going on?

you guys are a great help, thanks

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Check oil level. The oil pumps on these critters have high volume but relatively low pressure. If you are a couple of quarts low, you could be starving the rocker gallery, hence a tick. A nasty one.

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
n/a
the oil was the first thing i checked levels were fine.
im gona pull the valve cover when i get home and give it a look see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online