HELP

powerhungry07

Reaction score
:dunnoi am new at this site as well as to the world of diesels. i have a 97 f250 powerstroke and uponn start up esp cold starts and cold morning plugged in or not it will push oil smoke out the exhaust. what is the reason after a minute it goes away and it worsens when i approach 2,000 rpm

yoslick

Reaction score
sounds like injector o-rings are shot, do a search, not real hard to do and fairly cheap also..

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
if ya want a fairly easy way to see of the o rings are not good, just check the fuel filter bowl for oil (bluish blackish crap), also if you remove the valve covers and look in there while running and you see excessive oil coming out from around the injectors, than there ya go. good luck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 02' has 170K on it also. I just suffered the fuel in coolant problem, and I have at least one cracked injector sleeve, and ALL the lower O-rings on my injectors are all chewed up.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
My 02' has 170K on it also. I just suffered the fuel in coolant problem, and I have at least one cracked injector sleeve, and ALL the lower O-rings on my injectors are all chewed up.

Must be something with the X. One of my coworkers just had the same problem.
As for the goings on here, it may just be as simple as a bad glowplug or 2. If the truck runs ok and is not adding fuel to the radiator anyway.
Ken

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Blue smoke on startup is quite normal for a PSD....Nothing to be concerned about...Try a set of injector o-rings but unless the truck runs bad I wouldn't worry....I've yet to see one that doesn't do that with a few miles on it. It alway's clears out quick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online