help with water seperator bowl on fuel filter

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken much time to work on my truck sense my wife got home from her hospital visit. But this afternoon I started it and pulled off my tractor, it was acting like it was wanting to run out of fuel but it ran and I put out hay. Later a friend called me and asked if I wanted some fire wood, h*** yes! So I went out and thought I would look things over in the dark with my trusty 1M candle power light and low and behold fuel was running off of the base of the bowl of the fuel filter. I felt all around the filter and the sides of the separator and nothing. Screwed it off and looked it over, nothing. With it full of fuel and watching it, nothing. Open the pit **** and close it and all is well. Depress the schader valve next to the pit **** and it works. Checked the vacuum water sensor and all looked well, but took it off to look at the O-ring and replaced it to be safe. Put it back together and nothing changed, fuel leaking off the bottom of the bowl. Took it off again and with it full of fuel looked it over really closely. The only thing that looked out of the ordinary was the schader valve even though it points down, was full of fuel. Could that be the problem or am I missing something, besides a load of fire wood?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
switch to a WIX 33617 filter be done with the spin-on base.;Sweet
the alu base will distort and leak with age. just swap over the water in fuel sensor

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went by auto zone with no luck, O'Reillys had the WIX 33614 (no water censor) and picked that one up. Now I have an air leak some where! It is going to be mild here today and one of my7 daughters will be here with my wife so I'll be able to work on my timing problem some more. Thanks for the help.