HELP! Tranny problems!

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I was driving home from school today and my truck started to smoke and I pulled over to the side of the road and looked under and fluid was leaking out all over the place from the transmission cooler line, which had blown apart. Does anyone know where I can order one online, as my local NAPA and Weaver don't even show it on the computer.-cuss

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM part will only come from the stealership, but if you want it fast and right:

Go to www.parkerstore.com, then under Services go to Store Locator, put in your zip code which will point you to the closest ParkerStore. ParkerStore's sell hydraulics and can make hoses and/or tube assemblies on site and although they won't have the factory part they should be able to build you a replacement line. Best to take your's off so they can see what you had.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

R. J.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
A local hardwareor Lowes should have copper line close to or the same size as the trans line. Buy that and some compression fittings and piece it back together.
Or if there's a tractor dealership or somebody who can make hydraulic lines, just have some hydraulic hose lines made that have the right fittings on the ends.

Sometimes you gotta think outside the box.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought Portage had a Ford dealership, and thats only about 20mi south on State 33.

suv7734

Reaction score
A good source is you local parts store and get some 5/16" brake line (should be the same as what's there now). It will bend easily as long as your careful and will withstand the vibrations better than copper. Where did your line fail? They can be 'patched' with rubber fuel or trans cooler line from the parts store.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well mine are rubber not metal lines :( So Idk what to do, guess it's off to the Zetor dealership to make me some metal lines.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Portage has a dealership and so does Baraboo(they don't know ****, I used to work there) and Reedsburg. I just dont feel like Buying another stock part to fail again. The lines are all rubber hoses with some sort of plastic like lining in them. Failed right up by the cooler.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I would go straight to the hydraulic hose shop, if You have Your hose ends they have some very strong fittings to put in place, that is what I did with My power steering/hydroboost and it worked out perfect.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Another vote for a hydraulic hose shop. They generally have adapters for just about anything, and they rarely carry anything with under about a 5000psi burst strength. You'll pay a few bucks for a hose assembly, but it'll last forever. If it's going past any hot spots or vibration points, they usually carry fire sleeve, or abrasion sleeve to slip over it and the stuff is pretty cheap
They're usually listed under hose in the yellow pages

------Robert

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Metal is overrated. :D I've got all rubber hoses on the Moosestang, and other than just performing a periodic inspection, and covering them with some split loom tubing in rub areas, I've had no issues. Not only that, but if you carry a splice connector, you can make an easy repair if you spring a leak.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Ive always replaced the lines with steel brake line and hose, no need for the crimped metal to hose as oem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online