Help please

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I put new glow plugs in my truck and I hit one of the rubber return fuel diesel lines now the plastic caps are all leaking I put new orings on them and now they are leaking worse there are no breaks they just dont seem to be sealing tight enough is there a secret to these. I am losing fuel bad about 1 1/2 quarts on a 20 mile drive. thanks Aaron :dunno

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
Do they snap in? I pushed them down but they are still leaking out the bottom I see there is a place for the oring to fit I think they are I guess I will see about ordering a set of caps tommorow thanks.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
First thing to check, is that they snap-down into place. If not, there's nothing for the O-rings to seal against. It would be like not having any O-rings in there at all.

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
yes I put 2 of them on I will see if they snap tomorow I dont remember them snapping It kinda sucks 2 of them didnt leak before I tried to fix the first one.

tractorman86

Reaction score
they should almost touch that flat surface below them. push them down with a clean 1/2" deepwell socket then tighten the inj line

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep deep socket and a small hammer will seat them on place. Also, vaseline helps a lot.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
i use oil to lube the o rings for the caps to go over them. i also used oversized o rings, and risked craking the caps, but they didnt. its never been dryer.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time no see reef. I just had the same problem a while ago, messed with one then the ones beside started to leak. Make sure yo use plenty of lube so the o-rings do not roll down when the cap is shoved on. I used my original caps. I see the kits on e-bay every now and then if you would want to buy a whole kit. Also where did you get the o-rings at? I've heard of some recalls on rubber products like valve stems and o-rings on certain dates lately. My wife had to get her valve stems replaced on her 1 year old car because of cracked valve stems. China made products:mad:

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
what are they called I broke one now I am down and back to the car it sucks in traffic in my truck everyone get the heck out of my way I had some ones off my other motor but there a little diffrent and it leaked worse then the broken set so I would say they are wore out also. But i need to no what they are actually called. Thanks nice to hear form you to forcefed.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel return line kit. fuel return caps is what they are called I beleive. Others will chime in. Good luck

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, do yourself a favor and buy the kit...$27.94 and shipping to save a lot of headache...Click here, 7th. item down according to your signature.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
Dumb question how hard would it be to use stainless braided hose for return lines and even perhaps fuel lines it would really dress up an engine compartment nicely just throwing it out there for when i do my rebuild

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online