HELP! No Power & Code

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Guys:

Coming to work this morning it's raining like a cow ******* on a flat rock, but the truck is running great. I stopped in at Murder King for some breakfast (still raining). As I pulled out to leave I noticed the truck has no power hardly. I tried to see if maybe it was a hiccup, so I let the RPMs climb and I notice my truck sounds like someone took the turbo off, or the wastegate was stuck open. No whistle, no boost whatsoever. When I pulled into my office, I plugged in the Evo and got a trouble code P0236 "Turbo boost sensor A circuit performance." I will note that the "Check Engine" light never came on at all.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Could it be the humidity from the rain causing this? Maybe the moisture cause the intercooler boots to slip off? I cleared the code and I"m going to try it out at lunch to see if it's any better. If it does it again it's headed to the stealer.

Thanks,

Brian [><]

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Heres what I come up with fora probable cause for a P0236 code

Restricted inlet/exhaust/supply hose, missing hose

And as a side not it looks like the CEL wont illuminate untill after the second consecutive failure.

So with that info look at your air intake, intercooler or perhaps while in line at Murder King someone shoves a whopper up your tailpipe. LOL

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
There's stranger things that have happened. I came up with those likely culprits also. I went out and looked at my intercooler boots and they seem to be in the same place they always are. I looked at all 4 of them and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I have noticed that the lower boots on both side have a lot of oil residue on them. The drivers side has more than the passenger side, and I've attributed this to the power steering reservoir cap's lack of any sort of o-ring, thus allowing the fluid to spill out and onto the intercooler lines.

The intake also looked normal, but I didn't have the time to really look at it. I'm going to pul the cover when I leave for lunch and see if I cna see anything strange. I've cleared the code and I'm also going to reprogram back to stock than head to lunch. If it's still acting up I will take it to the dealer this evening I guess.

[><]

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know, were interested now :)

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Now I'm really flustered. :confused:

Clocked out for lunch, went to the truck, cranked (no check engine light), plugged the Evo in, and lo-and-behold I've get the same mammy freaking code again. I didn't reset to stock and headed out. Truck seemed to have power like normal, I reset the code, and all was fine. Drove around, rowed the gears as best I could in the rain, and the truck acted normal. I am getting boost also. ***?!?!

Gonna wait and see what it does on the drive home tonight. If it acts up it's headed to the stealer for repairs.

[><]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7