Help me guys give me logical thoughts lmao

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok now I’m torn. The cm bed is **** as hell and very useful, the other bed pictured I found is well built, dom headache rack etc. I’d bring the fenders in and square them up to make more space on the bed surface id also replace the wood with diamond plate and probably ad some rails to the sides and a small dove tail for more lighting. I have most of the steel to do it. My dilemma is that buying the bed on the dodge would save $1600 bucks giving me more money for winch and bumper, suspension, and my locker hahahha it’s also easier to modify because having to modify a new POWDERCOATED bed would eat me alive grinding the finish off etc. I dno what to do.

Whole reason behind this is the trucks going to be doing some camping this year way off beaten path and I couldn’t bring myself to destroy my PERFECT bed off rocks and or trees. So I sold it yesterday and this week I’m picking up one of the two beds. With some love I think the dodge bed could save me a lot of money and look and function badass but the cm bed is damn ****. If those fenders were brought in and squared on the dodge bed it would def be very useable. I could also like I said do a dove tail and incorporate similar lighting etc

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the two I would choose the CM bed. Which begs the obvious question...

If you're willing to modify one of these why not just build yours from the ground up?

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya unfortunately I have time to pick at and address minor things here and there but big big projects I can’t really undertake at the moment.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll miss it too @Thewespaul i just can’t help but sweat like a ******* when I’m off the beaten path in this thing because the bed is so perfect and one minor slip up and it would be gone. I did get all the money for it though. $1500 no questions asked. Guy bought it to use on his 97 restoration so it went to someplace good.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly i would go with the cm bed. the other one has a cool custom factor to it but in my opinion is low in the useful department. another thing to add is time adds up quickly trying to re fab a bed and can sometimes not end up being what you expected.

now I could build you the most rugged bad ass bed exactly how you want but im sure it would far exceed your budget and time frame.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll just have to get some nice stake sides for the cm, the cm is $2300 cash new out the door. I just want a spare tire carrier added to it but don’t wanna **** with the powder coat ‍♂️

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the fleet trucks I maintain had a cm bed. Great bed but it was wired wrong for the truck it was installed on at the dealership and the bed sides are pretty lame. I built new bedsides out of angle iron and 2x6 pine and it came out pretty nice.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I’m def going with the cm bed. I can’t wait. I love the recessed lighting hidden gooseneck , the reverse lights are bright as hell. Maybe I’ll just build some stake bed sides etc and a bolt on spare tire carrier.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flat beds are a tough nut to crack if I make one to my liking you might not like the headache rack like my chevy the headache rach is 6 inches higher than the top of the cab it fits my needs perfect but lots don't like it but I built it that way for my needs also o built one for a guy I work with a few months ago (like June) and I charged 3k and that was a discount

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online