help burn 8 quarts oil 350 mile trip

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ya, road draft tube that baby or at least pull the CDR and flush it out with some diesel. NOT GAS or anything radical like that.

If you don't want to wait for auto-rx, try that ATF in crankcase, or Seafoam.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a jasper reman I would bet its suffering from their crappy sleeve job. Over on another website their is pictures of what happens when sleeves are done wrong in these engines. It slides down then proceeds to break the oil control ring and destruction is now in progress.

hotrod316

Reaction score
this sounds like it to me. i hate jasper . i hope where both wrong though. im gonna try removing the cdr today and add some trans fliud to engine oil

Being a jasper reman I would bet its suffering from their crappy sleeve job. Over on another website their is pictures of what happens when sleeves are done wrong in these engines. It slides down then proceeds to break the oil control ring and destruction is now in progress.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Any paperwork ?

i just put this engine in my truck i bought a hole truck from some guy said it was a rebuilt jasper.i put motor and trans in my truck and it smoked pretty bad from the beginning , but ididint think to muck about it .i thought it was from sitting .with that said i just just went 350 miles with truck i topped of oil before i left and went about 350 miles and truck was out of oil .i know they burn oil ut that is a lot of oil .the truck seem to run fine as plenty of power and no blow by what good it valve guides ..thanks guys :dunno:dunno:dunnooh i had to add about 7 qts of oil

Any paperwork verifying you bought a rebuilt engine
and when it was rebuilt ?

No paperwork - no rebuilt engine ... :dunno

350 miles and you went thru at least seven quarts of oil ?

Have you checked the radiator for oil ?

You have an internal leak or a shot engine.

Jim

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
if i take the cdr off wont it just dump the out of it on the ground

REmove the air cleaner and look in the intake. Mine had a fair amount of oil in it. When you remove the CDR and examine it, it will be pretty clear if there is oil going through it.

Installing a road draft tube is nearly free and worth a shot before yanking it.

When I bought my truck, I went through 8 qts on the 600 mile trip home.

I removed the CDR and now lose about 8 qts in 50,000 miles.

Oil wont run out onto the ground with a RDT. The engine is sucking oil in through the intake from the crankcase. YOu will get some oil on the ground but not much. There is a tech article on RDT's n the FAQ of this site.

Last edited:

hotrod316

Reaction score
thanks gonna try it today

REmove the air cleaner and look in the intake. Mine had a fair amount of oil in it. When you remove the CDR and examine it, it will be pretty clear if there is oil going through it.

Installing a road draft tube is nearly free and worth a shot before yanking it.

When I bought my truck, I went through 8 qts on the 600 mile trip home.

I removed the CDR and now lose about 8 qts in 50,000 miles.

Oil wont run out onto the ground with a RDT. The engine is sucking oil in through the intake from the crankcase. YOu will get some oil on the ground but not much. There is a tech article on RDT's n the FAQ of this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online