Help broke off a screw on my locking hub

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put new bearings and universals on my frontend and snap :***: one of the screws that hold the locking cap on.
Does anyone have a spare locking hub they want to sell? It's for a 94 f250 D50 30 spline. I can paypal.

Thanks
V

Last edited:

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the hardware store closed?

I guess I didn't make myself clear, It not the allen screw I need it's the locking hub where the screw goes in to hold the hub cover with the selector. Anyone that would post to buy a 5 cent allen screw should drive thier truck to the nearest junk yard and have it crushed. Anyway went to my local pick and pull and didn't have any luck there so I though I'd post but I'll probably just special order a set on Monday.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the screw broke off flush with the hub? Have you tried removing it at all? I've removed 2 or 3 broken screws from the inner hub assembly with either vice grips on the exposed part or a small punch to turn it out backwards.

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I tried but it snapped about 1/4" below the surface of the hub making it difficult to center punch.
I went to carquest and ordered a set of Mile Markers should have them on Monday.

Thanks

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i am running right now with only 5 screws in mine as they have both snapped one. never had an issue with the 5 of them.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This needs to stop right here and soon, because this is the same crap that has turned other forums into **** pits, lets not do this to our helpfull, constructive forum.

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Can you center punch it and use a left hand drill? It doesn't always work but sometimes ya get lucky.

Jim

sassyrel

Reaction score
This needs to stop right here and soon, because this is the same crap that has turned other forums into **** pits, lets not do this to our helpfull, constructive forum.

you just get promoted to a new position on here??? how long you been here??? pfffft.........

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you just get promoted to a new position on here??? how long you been here??? pfffft.........
how about being the better man and stopping now.
there's alot of crap that goes on here that flies under my radar. this one didn't. stop now or I am forced to hand out vacations.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
stop now or I am forced to hand out vacations.

I'll take a two person return to hawaii!!!

Sorry Calvin, just trying to ease the tension!

On another note...in canse the OP didn't know...the hubs are the same on a D50 as a D60. They willinterchange between F250 and F350.

Actually, there is a list about a mile long that our locking hubs fit. I did a lot of digging when I bought a new pair for my D60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online