Hello from Polecat Hollow

Wowabunga

Reaction score
Yes there is a road near me named Polecat Hollar Road... I'm sure the sign gets "lifted" every once in a while. It's at the entrance to Blairs Valley Maryland, on the way to the new ski resort they built.

Long term dream is to restore a 1940's auto dealership and turn it into the largest dancehall / icecream shop this side of the Mississippi River. Love live music and will be a corner stone of the weeks events.

As to diesels... all my friends have them, guess it's time for me to get one too.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wowabunga,

WELCOME ABOARD.

ImVho, PA has any number of "funny" names for places & even amusing "State erected signs", too.
(I always chuckle when I see the signs in PA about not MOLESTING the State's piles of gravel. - HOW would one go about doing that crime?)

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wowabunga,

When we used to go see my EX's parents in North Wales, PA, I always used to wonder exactly what the PA Department of Highways meant by the sign south of the town limits which said:
"WARNING. State-owned ******** Ahead on Right."

Out of idle curiosity, I asked her brother, Kenny, what the sign meant & he said, "I think somebody in the Highway Department has a weird sense of humor." Then he paused & said, "I've seen that sign for over a decade & I have no idea."

yours, satx

Wowabunga

Reaction score
EVERY vacation without fail Dad would see a Cemetary on the horizon and shout.... "Grave Yard... Dead Ahead"

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

I can actually tell you that I now know of more than one Polecat Hollar in the US. Yours is the second. ;Sweet

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok,i had no idea where this was lol.welcome to OBN.i see your into aerosmith so you must be ok.:D

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dream On (about diesels)

I'm new here too.
Aerosmith Rocks! My first "real" concert in '76! I'm getting old!
I spent my early years in Bucks Co. Ever been to ***********, PA?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online