headlights suck @$$, what can i do?

GSF35099

Reaction score
After reading this thread I was driving my truck with my youngest son who can't wait til Feb 4. (he turns 16)..

Anyway I was telling him about this and realized that my lights are the same and they appear dim all the time even with the high-beams.

I have been searching the net and not sure which ones to go with and was hoping that you had some success....

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
so far i like the ones i linked to above, but i haven't singled them out yet. they seem to be geared more towards bling than actual light output. i haven't made it to the dealer yet to see about the newer style stock Ford lights. i'll post when i make a decision, do me a favor and do the same if you find anything good ok?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
IMHO stay far far away from the aftermarket ones such as apc etc, they are junk. had the apcs, had to modify the core support, light out put sucked, after less than a year the reflective stuff wore off, and to boot they are not crash worhty.

Go with factory ford ones.

Nick

GSF35099

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I would really hate to spend money on something that is not going to do what I need and won't last.

GSF35099

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer and they want $143.00 per side for replacement headlights. cookoo

Time to continue going a different route..

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
look over on TDS othrhog had a bunck for sell, also there is a guy tom from somerset pa that has some he isnt in the forums, but always has trucks of parts for sell.
Nick

GSF35099

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

69oiler,
I have a buddy of mine checking with someone he knows that should be able to get these things much cheaper and I will let you know what I find out.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
cool. we are talking '02 and newer style, right?

any other suggestions on where to look for a good deal on stock '02 style headlights?

GSF35099

Reaction score
Yes to both questions. I am having him check new 02' and new with the fewest most and also 99' style that have new lenses that do not discolor.

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the lenses then you can get PlastiX or PlastiK from McGuires that takes the oxidation off them. It really helped. All for about $7.95.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
ok i went and picked up some Sylvania silver star ultra bulbs at Autozone for $50. the light is brighter and whiter but still poorly focused. it's foggy out tonight so i can't really tell how the high beams are yet. the new bulbs do make enough of a difference over the old halogens that i will take my time finding a good deal on new fixtures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online