Headlight Tech Articles

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i run the middle grade sylvanias on my deesil and my dads truck, love em. dont like the "white" light of the silverstars. seems it bounces off wet ground more than the normal bulbs.

with my headlight mod with the high beams on its like two giant firetruck flood lights.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt recommend running both at the same time, its a good way to burn out the bulbs faster and head up the housing. on the 92+ trucks (and most modern vehicles) on the turn signal stock u can pull back for a "flash to pass" which allows the highs to come on with the lows when u pull back. does it increase visibility? u bet but it puts a huge strain on the bulbs.

So low beams are what you use when doing normal night time driving? So it would be D= on newer vehicles (the third position). i have a 93 and when i have my light switch/knob (left of cluster) pulled all the way back the headlights dont seem that bright (but i guess thats just crappy ford lights, also only my right light works). So from what im understanding is that when you pull the turn signal back you have low beams which is what you use at night time? and then your hi beams are when you have the lever pushed forward?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online