Head Gasket Question????

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunnoSo I am putting a set of head gaskets in my truck.....They where starting to leak. I have a concern now that the head is off, on one of the cylinders right where the fire ring (see pics) would seal the block side has some pitting, I am not sure what to do at this point. I really dont want to put it back together like this?!?! It is deep enough that if I lay a razor blade over it I can see light just ever so slightly. Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• IM001211.JPG
    IM001211.JPG
    554.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IM001215.JPG
    IM001215.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 26

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
o my bad LOL. i just kinda skimmed throught it and the pics wont load on my comp. i dont know what to do with that.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Part of what you may be seeing and is probably throwing you off is the #$&%^*@#!! residue left by those craptastic felpro gaskets. That stuff is a nightmare to clean up, it leaves a coating in chunks that is a major bear to get off of there and you may spend a day or so cleaning it all off. That's why you are getting light under teh razor blade. Chances are the last head gasket install was laid down on top of existing residue leading to the buildup you have there and the gaps. Get it all thoroughly cleaned off before making any decisions. If once you get it ALL thoroughly cleaned if its flat with just minor pitting , go with it, if it's heavy enough to truely have a gap once you lay a straight edge on it, it will need to be decked
Once you get it cleaned off and run a bottom tap down the holes in the block, get a set of Victor Reinz head gaskets and shoot them down with about 3 light coats of spray Hylomar on each side ( you'll need about 3 or so of those size cans )

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have a 6.9 gasket set for sale complete, i will take 150 OBO someone pleas buy it i need the money=[

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
What Brand are the gaskets?

Pretty sure its victors, they are much better quality than the felpro i put into my engine last summer, this is alot more than just a head gasket set, its every gasket excep the valley pan, the head gaskets for both sides is 100 dollars alone, 150+shipping is a steal for this

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online