Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Posted with permission (even though I wrote it). Was in the June 2011 issue. You can get back issue at <www.beckettstore.com> and recent issues can be seen at <www.motortopia.com/dieselworld>

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kewl, I'll have to hunt an issue down...looks good. Nice to see your own work in a rag isn't it...;)

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says there will be more articles on the 6.9L in the future too.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim, that's a great article. Seems like just a month or so ago I was going through my 6.9 heads with similar machine work.............

Wait, it was just a month or so ago.LOL

Thanks for posting that. It'd be nice if it were in the Tech section.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've asked Jim to get the text into a format where we can read it, and then it WILL be headed to the tech articles.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and where might you be located.

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typ4: Sorry, I've been off working. I'm in Northwestern Ohio, but I'm a transplant from California, via a number of other places. I actually know Newberg. I had a good friend from the Army in Coos Bay. We lost touch in the early '80s, though. Went to visit a few times in the '70s and it was a lovely area. Lotta logging going on back then.

I'd love to get more stuff on the site but I'm swamped. The head work was done in December of 2010. I'm hoping that there might be a way to get higher res copies of the article on the site. What if I posted one at a time, each into a separate post? The permission I got requires that I connect back to the mag in some way, and seeing the pages does that. Otherwise I have to dig up the text and the pics and post them separately. I'd get that done eventually but when I'm under as many deadlines as I am right now I gotta triage stuff. I have higher .jpgs or .pdfs of the article and that would be easy.

I also did a story on overhauling the turbo... a RotoMaster TO4B. If we figure out a way to get stuff on, I can do that too. Also have an older story on dynoing the truck. A "The Man's Still Got It" kinda story... kind of a retro on a 23 year old (at the time) Banks kit still putting out. Gotta work out permission to post that or find out if it's still on the web and link to it. It was online a couple of years ago at Off Road Adventures.

I'm sure that Ron's told you that I scored some swag for the event. Don't know if it's going to be a door prize or raffle. Seem pretty certain at this point.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Drove the old truck about a hundred miles today and it runs like a top. Got almost half the 2 year old fuel burned up. Needs some serious spiffing, though, after sitting in the shop for almost two years while I scraped up time here and there to work on it. If it had gone on any longer, I might have forgotten how to reassemble it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online