Hazy Plastic Headlight Repair??

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the products to get haze out of plastic headlights? On my Focus I have hazy plastic. I priced out new lights and the set of them is gonna run me over $1500 (factory projector HID's) with my discount. List on em is over $1000 each. Anyway, that makes me much much more inclined to try one of these fixes. Let me know what you have treid anything that worked the way it should.
Thanks.
Ken

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
The little deal from wal-wart works well. Comes in a foil pouch, but I can't remember the name for the life of me...

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I used to make good pocket money restoring the lenses on old light bars.

I used Maguires plastic polish. I used it in a two stage process.

I used the dark grey to clean off the worst of it, then I used the white to finish them.

Worked great.

joe_diesel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the products to get haze out of plastic headlights? On my Focus I have hazy plastic. I priced out new lights and the set of them is gonna run me over $1500 (factory projector HID's) with my discount. List on em is over $1000 each. Anyway, that makes me much much more inclined to try one of these fixes. Let me know what you have treid anything that worked the way it should.
Thanks.
Ken

Help the dummy out (me). You have a Focus (as in Ford Focus car) that came from the factory with HID lights that cost $1,000 each? Am I reading this correctly?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Help the dummy out (me). You have a Focus (as in Ford Focus car) that came from the factory with HID lights that cost $1,000 each? Am I reading this correctly?

Yeah, you got it rite. It is not your average run of the mill Focus though. It is an SVT Focus (made in 02,03,04 only in limited numbers). And dont laugh!!! Its dam fast, holds the road good and gets about 33 miles to the gallon! It has leather interior, a 6 speed and a dam good stereo. I bought it when diesel hit $5.15 here and I could no longer afford to feed the super duty. I do still own the truck though.
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I used to make good pocket money restoring the lenses on old light bars.

I used Maguires plastic polish. I used it in a two stage process.

I used the dark grey to clean off the worst of it, then I used the white to finish them.

Worked great.

I've heard good things about that stuff too. Is it anything like the 3M stuff Ron suggested?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
We have a kit from NAPA at the shop. It works pretty good. The mechs did the lenses on a couple of our older rigs. Real improvement.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have used the 3m stuff and trust me it works as described. I don't know if Darrin remembers the lights on the little mazda we bought off him a year or so ago but the lights were almost cream colored and after a few mins with the 3m kit - they looked great - not brand new looking but dang close. I have used it on my truck with the same success. I think I paid like 10 bucks for it so - not much at all but worked like a charm. A buddy of mine was there when I used it and he went out and picked up a kit for himself and was duly impressed as well.

joe_diesel

Reaction score
I forgot about the SVT. That's cool, years ago I had a civic si it was cool (then) and was good on gas.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Looks prety intense! Have you tried it? 3M has not done me wrong yet, might go to NAPA tomorrow and price that stuff out.
Ken

The garage that repairs our squads and patrol vehicles uses it on em and it's about as close to new as you can get!;Sweet

joe_diesel

Reaction score

Typical of my luck and further ensuring I continue to appear stupid at all times...the Ford Focus SVT is on the front of the current issue of Automobile Magazine...the day after you reminded me that one existed the magazine showed up in my mailbox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online