Harpooned Tanks???

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just caught the harpooned tanks phrase in MLSC's signature. What does this mean? I've not heard this phrase before.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its a phrase used when you "fix" the venting of the tanks. Most tank fueling takes a slow fill. Otherwise the nozzle keeps shutting off. The problem in both of our tanks is the air vents back up thru the fill spout and that doesn't work too well. I did the fill modification using 1/2 inch hose from the rollover valve but still I can't use full fill speed on the small auto diesel pumps. Other members have done the mods and used 5/8 hose or larger and now can use the big high flow pumps the semis use and fill a tank in seconds.....:sly

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, what Gary said - you remove the rollover vent and run a hose from there up to the filler neck externally, much like old Chevy and Dodge trucks are set up. Then you can remove the stupid inner hose from the filler and hog out the filler neck itself, which in turn allows you to use any big-truck pump, instead of having to look of the one car-diesel pump, assuming the station even has one! I have 1/2" vent hoses too, and I can't run the big-truck pumps full bore (car pumps are no problem tho), but even at half speed it takes right about a minute to fill the tank up from empty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esandifer08

Members online