Hard stumble

fphilli1

fphilli1
Reaction score
I have a 2001 7.3 Excursion with 112K. The past two weeks on rainy days at 73mph it has stumbled. It acts like the powertrain just shuts down for a nano second. The tach drops around 500 rpm for just a second. This is intermitent and has happened twice both on rainy days on the freeway. I had it checked for codes and it shows a P0344 cam position sensor. There was a 2003 TSB on this for a reflash of the control module. Does this make sense? Would a bad sensor cause an intermitent stumble? This is my first post and would appreciate the help. Thanks.:confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes a bad cam sensor will do that.it will do that then stop for a while and act normal then out of the blue itll do it again or fail completely at the worst possible time.

this thread will keep you busy for a bit

http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96

do not go to ford for the sensor as they want 230.00 for it,international dealers are about half that cost,ebay is even cheaper,and i believe www.powerstrokeshop.com has great deals on them.buy 2.install one,put the other in the glove box alond with the tools needed to replace it.

CJ7 Hauler

Reaction score
Yep just did this last week. Got my sensor from the local truck shop for $108. Ford wanted almost 200 for it

fphilli1

fphilli1
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am having the sensor changed today along with a bunch of over 110K stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Staff online