Hard Start...MAP sensor???

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time starting my truck in the morning, even when it is warm...I just put oil temp sender in it and it helped with the problem of not starting unless it was plugged in.....on a normal day I have to cycle it twice and it will start pretty good....I left it sit all weekend and I had to try starting it like 5-6 times and cycling it twice each time and it finally started....It was getting fuel while it was trying to start.....my buddy said it might me my MAP sensor...what would a MAP sensor have to do with starting...my relay is good but I think they still have the original glow plugs.....I know I can test them by pulling them out and checking them but I really dont want to unless im going to change them all....any comments about the MAP sensor??? or any ideas about anything else???

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
You might have UVC {under valve cover} wiring issues.
Have you checked the harness connections at the valve covers?

here's a pic......
reqasonable limits are .1 to 6 ohms using a DVM...if reading above .6 ohms or "OL" -open line- best to reove V/C and test both UVC harness and GP's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Auto Zone has the Mototcraft/Beru{the ONLY ones to use } # ZD10 or ZD11 for about $10 each.

Hope this helps....

GEO

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I have a hard time starting my truck in the morning, even when it is warm...I just put oil temp sender in it and it helped with the problem of not starting unless it was plugged in.....on a normal day I have to cycle it twice and it will start pretty good....I left it sit all weekend and I had to try starting it like 5-6 times and cycling it twice each time and it finally started....It was getting fuel while it was trying to start.....my buddy said it might me my MAP sensor...what would a MAP sensor have to do with starting...my relay is good but I think they still have the original glow plugs.....I know I can test them by pulling them out and checking them but I really dont want to unless im going to change them all....any comments about the MAP sensor??? or any ideas about anything else???

So my father's 1995 has this very same problem it seems. He has replaced the CPS and put in a new LUK flywheel/clutch and had the glowplugs replaced. We are suspecting a worn out starter? What fixed yours Kev?

MADVAN

Levittown N.Y.
Reaction score
Might want to have your High Pressure Oil Pump checked.
Doubt the Mapp thing.
If the hard start is cold and Hot. I would scan to see IPR duty cycle.
If hard start is cold. Look into the GP system.

Bill

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726