Got my build sheet from ford! Is this even my truck?

jwillvin

Reaction score
I ordered a build sheet from Ford for my recently purchased 93 f350 SC dually 7.3 and I finally received it yesterday. While reading it the first time some things jumped out at me that made me wonder if this is the right truck. I'm not sure how to post a copy of it here but I have a few questions/comments about what's on it.

It states that my truck is a 7.5L EFI 445" CID 8 cylinder engine? Is this Fords way of describing a 7.3L IDI?

It states that my vehicle was produced on 06/28/1996. It's a 93!

It shows that it is equipped with a 4.10 Non-Limited slip rear axle ratio. I have a sticker on the door and in the manual the say D5 which I looked up as the limited slip differential axle. Is this the same thing?

Camper package?

Insulation package?

Handling package?

Super engine cooling?

The rest of the options listed are correct and are basic like "XLT trim", "Styleside pickup", "Tachometer", color... etc

Does anyone know what these "packages" include?

Anyone else have a build sheet that was a little off?

Should I call the ford research department and ask them about the engine, axle, and year discrepancies?

Thanks!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like somebody swapped a cab. Run your VIN through a vin decoder and for that matter check your registration against your VIN tag.

7.5 is a 460 gasser. 96 cab would be a direct swap with some wiring harness changes.

jwillvin

Reaction score
Thanks. I ran the Vin through Autocheck and carfax if that matters and they check out clean. Do you have a vin decoder that you can recommend? The previous owner bought it in 95 and never mentioned to me anything about swapping the cab so I'm not sure if maybe the research dept at Ford messed up or not.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran my vin through it. Tells you some basic stuff. Year, where built, engine etc.

jwillvin

Reaction score
Thanks a lot laserjock!
Just ran it and here are the results! Why would my build sheet have it as a 96 7.5l ?

Assembly Country: United States
Make: Ford
Body Style: Pickup
Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position
VIN Code: J
Brake System: Standard
Restraint: Active (Manual) Belts
GVWR Range: 6,001 - 10,000 Pounds
Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions
VIN Code: X35
Vehicle Line: F-350
Vehicle Type: Truck
Engine Type - 8th Position
VIN Code: M
Engine: 7.3 L
Cylinders: 8
Fuel: Diesel
Engine Manufacturer: INTERNATIONAL
Model Year - 10th Position
VIN Code: P
Model Year: 1993
Assembly Plant - 11th Position
VIN Code: K
Assembly Plant: KANSAS CITY, KANSAS
Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th
VIN Code: B84077

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What's the difference between the build sheet and window placard?
I guess it's obvious as the build sheet shows all options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwillvin

Reaction score
Anyone know what the camper package consists of? I searched the web but didn't find much. Does anyone know how many rear leaf springs there re on a stock 93 dually? I'm trying to figure out if i have extra leaf springs or not.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but if it were me, is check what you sent them to make sure the VIN was correct. If it was, ask for your money back.

Camper special back then usually came with the wiring for lights and brakes and the hitch. Possibly heavier cooling options. Maybe other things too. Might have got a sway bar. Don't know for sure if there were any suspension mods.

jwillvin

Reaction score
Thanks again! The vin on the top of the buildsheet is correct. I'm going to call them today and ask for my money back like you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86