Got me a new truck!

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Well i got me a new truck but it isn't what you think it is haha, it is actually a Volvo Semi Truck which will be used to pull containers.

Here are some goodies
3406B CAT
9 speed over
160K on Inframe
Headache Rack
Big *** MX7000 Lightbar with 7 Rotators
a 2 line Wet Kit
Frame Mounted Tool Boxes
New Steer Tires
All New Recap Drives

best part i picked it up for only 3500 bucks :hail

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes it was used to pull lowboys then logs but hey it was took good care of and runs like a scalded ***** :rolleyes:

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Great truck, what a bargain!
Congratulations!
It feels great to work with a good piece of equiptment that not only we like it but it's paid off.
Burt.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
You didn't leave a '0' off the end of that price, did you? That is absolutely amazing!

On a side note, my friend's Dodge 3500 that he got 4 months ago to go hot shotting with just spat out its head gasket...and he paid the same for it! I told him to come on OB for info/advice....I hope he doesn't see this thread, it would probably finish him off. :rolleyes:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volvos are soft on the market. Truckers will pay a premium for Peterbilt and close to premium for KW. Both are divisions of Paccar. Most fleet companies will buy Freightliner and Volvo to a lesser degree. Because to them the bottom line counts and they're willing to give out deals. Good luck with the *****. Hope you earn lots of money selling your services :rotflmaoLOL:rotflmao

On a serious note: Congrats on your fine ride

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
thanks guys, ive always been a Freight-shaker, International, and Volvo fan.... yes Ive driven peterbuilts and KW's but honestly in my eyes being that Ive been around trucks all my life all that you are paying for is the name IMO being that the cummins, CAT, and DD are put into all of the trucks as well of the mixture of Eaton/fuller trans, and basically the same drive line. so yes id rather pay 3500 for a good haulin truck to where i can make my money back in a few weeks than spend 4x the money on a pete or kw to do the same ............on s side note the frame mounted tool boxes and headache rack are made by pro-tech

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Wow! I'd drive it!

For that kind of money you can have a quick payback and then if anything major happens you can walk away.

Congrats.:thumbsup:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, ive always been a Freight-shaker, International, and Volvo fan.... yes Ive driven peterbuilts and KW's but honestly in my eyes being that Ive been around trucks all my life all that you are paying for is the name IMO being that the cummins, CAT, and DD are put into all of the trucks as well of the mixture of Eaton/fuller trans, and basically the same drive line. so yes id rather pay 3500 for a good haulin truck to where i can make my money back in a few weeks than spend 4x the money on a pete or kw to do the same ............on s side note the frame mounted tool boxes and headache rack are made by pro-tech
good thinking;Sweet
I've been impressed with volvos and their interior layout especially the new ones. imho, they are more driver oriented than the other makes.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
good thinking;Sweet
I've been impressed with volvos and their interior layout especially the new ones. imho, they are more driver oriented than the other makes.

ask a old time driver that has driven everything, most will say they like the ride and interior of the volvos. the ones with steer axle air bag suspension ride like a dream.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I have driven em all..... Not all trucks are the same.... I am on my 3rd KW now and I would have absolutely nothing else. I drove a Volvo from brand new to 350,000mi. and never cared for it the entire time that I drove. I was always a Mack man from kid age to the time I drove my 1st KW. Drove a pete for a while too - And a KW is by far not a second to any Pete... Any big truck body shop will tell you that F-shaker,***** & Int. are the cheapest trucks built on the road. That is why they are the fleet choice. A good deal is a good deal though and a fella has got to start somewhere. That one is a good place to start and get yourself accomplished in the business. And down the road - You can upgrade if you decide that you need too.... I am thinking that it will soon be time to move on to my 4th KW soon. And I will only go with another CAT and an 18 spd. manual. This one is a 500hp+++ hopped up to over 700hp with an 18 spd. roadranger behind it. 6.7 - 7.3mpg and it pulls to no end.

I still have the ole' Mack today that I grew up with and learned to drive on. I was hauling loads of logs back to our sawmill from out of state when I was 10 yrs. old. It is a rare truck these days too. There were only 433 of them made. It is a 1965 Mack B-755 with the 325hp NA V-8 and a 15 spd. tri-plex trans.

Congrats on the great deal and best wishes on your new direction... I have had my own business for almost 18 yrs. and I am still here thru the good and the bad.... I do primarily ag related commodities and some flat and van work too.... And farm on the side.... Gotta Love my KW!!!! Don't take it that I was trying to talk down your deal. It is great to see someone wanting to start out on their own.... Congrats again trapper!

Hoss....

Attachments

• B-Modelsmoking.jpg
    B-Modelsmoking.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Pams 221.jpg
    Pams 221.jpg
    986.6 KB · Views: 22

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
i hear ya there and i understand where you are coming from......... i just cant see myself buying those expensive trucks and putting others drivers in them only for them to be mistreated......... so yes i will probably stick with the 3 "low brand" trucks lol

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used freightliners pretty much exclusively for tow pigs. I get a great daeal on them thru my father in law. Just sold my 2003 and i miss having it. I used it for hauling my junk( off road rigs and such , personal use) I sold it and now I need a 1 ton tow rig as my old Z71 wont cut it anymore.

Nice find. keep us posted.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the pyro works on that B or it can overfuel and melt pistons. And IMO , between the wheels and the cab mounts all trucks can be built the same, the cab and wiring will fail no matter what brand, just give it to a tight *** logger or farmer and see if one brand lives longer than another.
OLD semi trucks are much tougher than new ones, but not so good with the creature comforts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828