Got home for Thanksgiving and the Brown Truck doesn't seem right now.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
A couple of members just posted that they forgot to run on their electric lift pumps and were able to drive but not like they had enought fuel to go fast either... Maybe one of them said they were on the freeway doing 70 and it was ok.....???
C

Guilty as charged!!! :eek: I have a separate pump on each tank and a couple of times Ive forgot to switch pumps when i switched tanks. One time I got on the interstate and went about 40 or so miles before I realized it when I got out:rotflmao the lift section on the injection pump will pull a LOT more than folks realize., the additional lift pump is really there as more of a booster for cold starts and when the vehicle is pointing uphil anyway, a healthy ip should draw in most of it's fuel . Ive got some small european diesels that come with the same IPs that early cummins use ( that *require*lift pumps) but the little euro diesels never even came with lift pumps from the factory, although after 2-300k miles when the shaft seals start leaking, folks usually add one to extend the ip life.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I'm running a new Holley Blue Marine with a pressure regulator on the passenger fender well. This is the first truck I put an electric pump on and I did it without putting a pre pump filter on it. I've had this pump get plugged with junk in the screen once before, but this seems a bit extreme. If its got crap in the screen again it must be almost completely plugged.
I've since installed a pre pump clear view filter on every other truck I put electric pumps in, I just haven't got around to doing it on this truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online