goofy question...

DieselDood78

Reaction score
Alrighty guys....Yesterday I did a 600mile round trip to pick up a car for a friend. He bought it for $250 with a trans leak and broken headlights. It's an 89 Caddy with the V8. We are runnin across Wisc doin about 80. This mustang comes up and passes me. Well I decide to run with the mustang....at about 90. I'm gettin up to speed and I feel this Very abrupt Chatter when I got over 85. You could feel it in the whole truck. If I backed out of it, it would go away. My EGT's and Boost were in Check, and the truck still had more power to go. I didn't wanna slow down, but I did. :rolleyes: I loaded the car a little tongue heavy, cause when runnin long distance I've had the best luck that way. Any guesses? It was almost like I was lugging the engine at high speeds, that kind of bucking.

Josh
PS....till I get my signature set up.....it's a 96 3500, auto, 6plate, 14cm housing, PDR 370's, suncoast converter and valve body.

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
I bet you reach the top of the governed high rpm and it was defueling. It's not so bad when empty but when you reach the top loaded or towing it doesn't feel too good.