Good turbo for high altitude hauling ?

roadranger

Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas for getting the EGT's lower hauling heavy at high altitudes?

Have a 24 valve with Edge EZ, BHAF, and no muffler that hits 1250* on mountain passes. Getting tired of having to back out of it.

359ISB

Reaction score
PDR 35/14 or KSB1 if you dont plan on too much more bombing. If you do then a PDR40 or B1 would be better. :music:

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
2 words

WATER INJECTION...................... OK it may not be the first thing to do but it does work and there are some good kit out there and one coming out soon that will out perform most for all out performance.

Dodgeman101

roadranger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the PDR 35/14, I'll check into it.

I'd like to get 275 injectors along with my EZ- hopefully the stock clutch will hold up!

BreaksEverything

TROUBLE INC.
Reaction score
this might not be the way you want to go but a cam would drop those egt's a bit better & I think that it should help you out in the bottom end too , ask around about that but for egt's tha guys around here say that was the best thing to there truck $ for $

MUDDY

Reaction score
rr, bet the clutch wont last long.if ya be thinkin bout injectors go for the pdrhx40 turbo. skip the 275s and go the edm 1.5s [90 hp on eth]

i had the dd2s[90 hp] and loosewirecomp [same as ez] on my 02 eth. 381 rwhp 800 rwtq and cool egt towin up hills. best combo for a 2g eth:) if ya go the combo i suggested you will be real hppy:D

jarhead

comfortably numb
Reaction score
Roadranger I would look into that 35/40 hybrid. I know a couple of people running them and its the best of both worlds!

willyslover

Reaction score
IMHO..stay away from the BI for towing in Mountain area's...way to much lag at altitude [towing] needs fuel to lite it off and that compounds your issues and you'd be sorry you got it...
towing heavy with power allmost demands a small twin set [small top turbo like a PDR 35 and HT3B bottom]...however your temp gauge will determin the right foot first..
there was a thread about larger raidiators on TDR that went nowhere :(

CHarlan

Reaction score
my PDR 40 is good, but with stock injectors, I have to watch the foot, and how much fuel I feed it. I can hit 1300° post turbo easily! Just a word of advice!