Good 6 in suspension lift.

DiecellDan

Reaction score
What is a good suspension lift for our trucks? Mines a 1993 4x4. Seems like all there is out there is rough country and skyjacker. What are yalls experiences with skyjacker? I have a rough country and rides like my flat bottom skiff in choppy water.

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough Country is probably the cheapest and harshest ride out there. I have a Skyjacker 4" in my 84 and it rides pretty stiff. Any suspension lift is going to ride stiffer than stock. Everyone says the reverse shackle kits ride much nicer.

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Rough Country is probably the cheapest and harshest ride out there. I have a Skyjacker 4" in my 84 and it rides pretty stiff. Any suspension lift is going to ride stiffer than stock. Everyone says the reverse shackle kits ride much nicer.

I had the 4" rough country on my 95. Very stiff.

Shackle reversal up front with 99-04 Superduty springs. Not a bolt in for the 80s-90s rigs (some welding required), but it will be the best ride/lift combo. Swapped the Superduty springs into my 79 F250, and it rode like a new truck.

Shackle flip in the rear with either lift springs or block and airbags if you tow.
https://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/p...-shackle-reversal-kits?variant=13845239365698

Agreed - I would do a hanger-lift/RSK. Rear shackle flip isn't bad to do yourself (did this on my Dodge) move/flip the stock hangers. Use longer springs there too if you can - it helps the ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online