gonna do it (getta turbo)

soupdog

Reaction score
Need some advice,,,am gonna get a turbo for the ole beast,,,it is 91 f250extended cab 5 spd with a flatbed,,,strait pipe out the rear ,,,186000 miles on it,,,gooseneck hookup,,,,will haul a hell of a lot of hay ,,,runs d$%#~!~$#mn good,,,jus want some more outa it,,,,can someone out there give some good scholarly advice on what to look for in a turbo kit,,,,dont have bottomless pockets so economics play a major factor here,,,but still want somethin that works good and is affordable,,,,any advice will be taken:confused:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well low and behold, I was quoted a price of 1500 for a turbo kit here well not real local but about 4-4.5 hours away in Kamloops BC so ifn yer interested, I can get more info...it is a brand new complete kit.

soupdog

Reaction score
yeah might be,,,does it have everthing needed,,,,

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...is that a new turbo kit? The only new kit that's close in the US is Hypermax, and that runs around 1800+shipping or maybe a few bucks less if you go through Huff. ATS if you can find one will be around 2000 and Banks is in their last year of production for the IDI Sidewinder and its 3200-3300. Yikes. You can usually get a cheaper used turbo off ebay but what you get is anybody's guess.... could be perfect with everything or could need a lot of work.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll contact the company on Monday to find out what all the kit comes with. He tried to sell me a kit cause it's cheaper than rebuilding my turbo and buying the oil stand drain back piece I am missing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online