Going to add a a fuel pressure guage

John Deere

Reaction score
My dad's '06 just lost 4 injector's at 17,000 miles and Ford is rejecting it on warranty, stating the cause is restricted fuel filters were to blame. So after he shells out $2,000 to get it fixed, I have come to the conclusion that we are going to install a fuel pressure guage in it. I talked to the mechanic for quite awhile, trying to learn as much as I could about the problem and came to the conclusion that this is what needs to be done since these '06's don't have fuel filter warning lights.

The restricted pressure with dirty filters was 43 lbs, and the mechanic stated that good is 50 lbs, so it really doesn't take much of a dirty filter in my opinion to cause problems, IF we are not getting the run around.

So anyway I am going to do this fuel pressure guage as a precautionary thing to monitor the fuel filters, and thought that I would pass the idea along to the rest of you if it hadn't been thought of already, hopefully to save someone else the headache of arguing with a service manager over this stupid oversight of Fords. Many of the Dodge guys had to do this with the 24v's to keep an eye on their lift pumps to make sure when they failed that the inj. pump didn't go with it.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Man I hate to hear this. Is Ford denying the warranty claim or the dealer?
If it's the dealer, find another one.

Why only 4 injectors, if a fuel restriction is to blame then all 8 should have gone.

Were the filters replaced at the 15,000 mile scheduled maintenance?? If so I'd be telling Ford to eat crow, there's a 5 yr/100k mile warranty on the motor.

The fuel pressure guage is a good idea just not sure how you'd plumb it in though. When you get it in how about a quick write up on how you did it, what parts you needed/used and what's involved.

John

John Deere

Reaction score
Man I hate to hear this. Is Ford denying the warranty claim or the dealer?
If it's the dealer, find another one.

Why only 4 injectors, if a fuel restriction is to blame then all 8 should have gone.

I'm not sure why only four, although they were all on one side, they were 2,4,6,and 8

Were the filters replaced at the 15,000 mile scheduled maintenance?? If so I'd be telling Ford to eat crow, there's a 5 yr/100k mile warranty on the motor.

It's not over, just paying for it right now to get it out of the shop, I'm not convinced that what they are trying to say makes sense.

The fuel pressure guage is a good idea just not sure how you'd plumb it in though. When you get it in how about a quick write up on how you did it, what parts you needed/used and what's involved.

John

I'll explain more once I do it, but the port is on the engine fuel filter base, the screw uses a 6mm allen wrench.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Good luck, does seem strange that all 4 were on one side.

Let us know how it turns out

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can help you guys out

1. the ford dealer who bounced a claim at 17k, is a very gay dealer, even if you didnt do filters, they are only suposed to be done every 15k, so thats very unreasonable to bounce it on that account

2. all 8 injectors will not go bad because some will hold out better then others, more times then not ill only see one or two injectors die from low fuel pressure, cuasing internal plunger damage, but im sure it was good to have all 4.

3. spec is 45 - 55on the fuel pressure on these trucks, i would suspect the pump more then the filters at 17k, i have had trucks with well over 17k come in with original fuel filters before.

where is he geting his fuel from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online