Glowplug Removal Trouble

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
Worked on changing the glowplugs out in my 95psd today, and everyone of them came out easy and smoothe except one. The electrode ended up pulling out of the body of the plug on that one because the tip is swollen up i reckon, and is still stuck in the head. I've tried everything i can think of to try and work it loose to get out, and ive tried everything folks have posted about on here that ive found about how to get one like that out and nothin seems to be workin. Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts? Also I need to find out what the torque specs are for my rocker arms and injectors. Thanks!

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
The way its lookin it appears im proably gonna have to end up doin that. I didnt have the chance much to fool with it today, but I was able to spray some good penetrant down around the stuck electrode every couple hours or so. We'll see what tomorrow has in store for it I reckon.

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried "Deep Creep". It is made by Sea Foam and supposed to be equal to Kroil??
Foxman

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I had this problem sprayed pb blaster on it and let it sit for a day and made a puller and when we went to put it on to pull it out the electrrode fell into the cylinder. So off came the head

RenoF250

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried "Deep Creep". It is made by Sea Foam and supposed to be equal to Kroil??
Foxman

I have some but I have never tried Kroil. It works okay, have not had a great test for it. IT sure smells a lot better than that PB blaster, that stuff STINKS.

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
Thr kroil seemed to do the trick! after soaking good overnight i able to get it worked out after an hour or so of playing with it. The electrode would push down easy but would not pull back up. I was able to take a small flathead screwdriver and barley pry up on the electrode and it moved a lil upwards. I put a pair of needle nose vise grips on it and after an hour of wigglin it was out!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thr kroil seemed to do the trick! after soaking good overnight i able to get it worked out after an hour or so of playing with it. The electrode would push down easy but would not pull back up. I was able to take a small flathead screwdriver and barley pry up on the electrode and it moved a lil upwards. I put a pair of needle nose vise grips on it and after an hour of wigglin it was out!

Yep most of the time patience is whats required to get them out;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im dreadin doin mine. I think they are original. Sounds like I will have probs?

Just don't try and force them out. As said above spray each one with a good penatrate. Try to tighten them first, use a torque wrench set at 15-20. If they are stuck coming out, work them in and out a little at a time. 10MM deep socket wrench.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another awesome product for this is Gibbs Brand Penetrant. Crazy good stuff. Glad to hear your patience paid off large.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger