Gauges

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've notice a lot of people installing new voltage, water temp, and oil pressure since the one in the cluster not accurate. Of course you have other added gauges. (Pyro, tranny temp, and boost)

I was thinking of removing factory cluster and make my own with new tach, speed-o, water, oil, voltage, and fuel. Then that should allow me to put up a tri pod for remaining gauges. Is there any reason I shouldn't remove the factory cluster?

Not doing this anytime soon but been thinking about it for a few weeks now. Just wanted to get your thoughts about it..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would say go for it.
Be careful with the tach maybe someone else can say what you need for it to work right.
Someone here installed a aftermarket cluster. I think it was bookite, but I can't find the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only reason I would say to not do this is for resale.
tampering with the odometer can be scrutinized.
but highly unlikely you will encounter a problem.
on the other hand, ive gotten my car towed because I had incorrect tires lol

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my state I had to file my odometer as being exempt due to it rolling over. I wasn't sure if it would cause issue with check engine light or god knows what?

I was looking on web and found me some new seats out of an newer F150 crew cab of course driver is powered. Wonder if I could run a hot wire to it and up grade my seat to power?

Vandy7.3 thanks will look in tech articles on this gauge idea I'm having.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's in the tech articles,I just looked. The title is called factory gauge replacement. The replaces all his gauges with after market ones and makes them look really nice in the factory dash.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The install is not to bad, but in the finished shot it looks like some of guages actually sit lower in the cluster cutout to where the factory trim cuts the bottom off just a little bit.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same basic thing to my 1991 and I did have to cut out the bottom on the trim just a little