trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

got this from auto zone, a little fabbin and she was on there ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
Fill out your sig, we need details. oil pressure is a must and personally I would go with a water temp also, and a trans temp if you have an auto

Don't know how I forgot a pyro is a must also

Last edited:

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
ive got the stock cluster, and i have an a pillar with boost, pyro, trans temp and a pod over the rear view mirror with fuel pres, vac pres, eng oil temp, rear diff temp all autometer phantoms and a set of white face gauges over the stock ones, and the white over lay for the heat controls

smokin90

Reaction score
What all is done to your truck, and what do you do with it. You may not need gauges

Its a 1990 F-250 4x4 5spd NA the only thing ive done is turned up the IP and its straight piped and all i do is drive it around soon i hope to be towing with it i just know the stock oil pressure gauge are crap so thats a deff im just woundering what everyone else has got

turbodiesel94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you have turned the IP up then you should definitely get a pyro. If you like to know what your engine is doing then I'd go ahead and get water and oil at least.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
In the manifold is perfect. Within the first few inches of y pipe after the manifold is very acceptable. The passenger side is usually the easier of the two sides.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I put in 6 aftermarket gauges; see my sig. Especially since you turn the fuel screw a pyro is a must. I put mine in the driver side, either way the manifold will give you the most accurate results. I highly recommend the dual fuel pressure gauges. They will let you know if/when your filter is clogged and/or your lift pump has quit. A mechanical oil pressure is a good investment since the bricknose gauge is nothing more than an idiot light.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You can suppliment your factory gauges. After that, pyro a must, fuel pressure, vaccuum and room for a boost gauge, turbo is always an optionLOL, might as well be prepared for it:sly

Learning what to expect from these gauges, fuel pressure and vaccuum, will give earlier detection of a problem. Remember, vaccuum is what helps you stop unless you are hydroboosted.

smokin90

Reaction score
You can suppliment your factory gauges. After that, pyro a must, fuel pressure, vaccuum and room for a boost gauge, turbo is always an optionLOL, might as well be prepared for it:sly

Learning what to expect from these gauges, fuel pressure and vaccuum, will give earlier detection of a problem. Remember, vaccuum is what helps you stop unless you are hydroboosted.

Ok thank you and yes i plan on puting a turbo on it in the future ;Sweet and thanks eveyone for the help and how do you hook up the vaccuum and fuel gauges

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....a pod over the rear view mirror with fuel pres, vac pres, eng oil temp, rear diff temp all autometer phantoms and a set of white face gauges over the stock ones, and the white over lay for the heat controls

MUST SEE PICS...pics please of that pod on the mirror ,must show pics!:sly:sly