Gauge problems

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
Been awhile since I’ve been here, . My current problem is my tach, volt and fuel gauges quit. Fuel is stuck just under 3/4 no matter which tank I select and volt and tach don’t move at all. Could this be a ground problem or a fuse?

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my truck the flexible circuit board on the back of the gauge cluster is brittle and cracked, severing a couple circuits. If you have multiple gauges/lights not working you might have the same issue.

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
Will look into this when I get a chance. Also going to wiggle all the wires and check fuses. Thank brotha.

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
Just realized on my way home from work, V gauge dead, fuel, oil and temp are actually frozen at whatever they were at when the problem started, so I’m guessing fuse as soon as I can test.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting read on the Instrument Cluster.

Goat

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
Feeling kinda dumb for not checking the damned fuses That’s all it was. Thought the gauges would just go to 0 if the fuse popped, but I guess not most of them just freeze where they were.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a 93, then you must have the LCD Gauges or Instrument Cluster.

Iam thinking while reading this, your cluster is like my 86 is. Analog type Gauges and Mechanical Cable to the Speedometer.

Goat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online