gas to diesel ?

giezy

Reaction score
i have been wanting a crew cab for a while now geating the kids in and out of my truck is getting old fast.

I have a friend offer me whats left of a parts truck. It ia 89 crew f350 4x4 and the 460/trans and tcase are gon aswell as the front sixty the cab is good and the interior is really cleen what i what to know is the throught the fire wall pluges the same as a diesel truck or would i need to swap out the dash from my truck? (it is even the same blue)

I was thinking about putting it on my chassie as i whant to keep it 2wd. then cut up the bed to fit The metal work is the easy part for me but wiring is a strong point

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think he needs to explain his truck a little more clearer, being he has it posted up as a 1997 with an IDI.

giezy

Reaction score
yes the truck in my sig. is the truck that will be the one getting the cab or might use the cerent frame and pull the drive train from my truck

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I have a 2006 F550 with a IDI... :D

And yes its a 7.3 IDI.

As for your gas swap? I'd personally just overlay the gas harness to use the temp and oil sensor. Use the power for the coil as your pump power and call it a day. Thats what i did with mine.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

And yes its a 7.3 IDI.

As for your gas swap? I'd personally just overlay the gas harness to use the temp and oil sensor. Use the power for the coil as your pump power and call it a day. Thats what i did with mine.

Why would someone put a IDI in a F550?

giezy

Reaction score
ops thats a tipo sorry it is a 95 f250 with a banks sidwinder that i whant to swap over to the crew cab

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And yes its a 7.3 IDI.

what did you do for glow plugs? and for tach signal?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Why would someone put a IDI in a F550?

I put a 7.3 idi in it be because the 6.0 blew up AGAIN, his 6.4 F550 cavitated behind the front timing cover and we needed a wrecked on the road. I shoved a 7.3 idi n/a with a e4od behind it in the truck with a dee zee pump bracket i already had. Its not fast, but it gets the job done especially with the 4.88's. Buddy wants to put a turbo in it soon, but he's hurting financially now with having to farm tow's out and losing two flatbeds (for some reason all his wheel lifts are running fine), and the costs of the swap and 6.4 engine replacement.