Fuse Panel Diagram for 1990 7.3l N/A needed

Svbdn

Reaction score
Hi, Just bought a 1990 F350 with the 7.3l naturally aspirated IDI engine. The truck came without the fuse box cover, and I cannot seem to find a 100% reliable source for a fuse panel diagram anywhere. I have found at least 3 or 4 different layouts, and was wondering if someone here could help me out with the correct one?

I also bought a Chiltons manual for the wiring diagrams, and they only have a firewall mounted fuse panel diagram, the 1990 has one mounted in the drivers side foot well. Some previous owner made one hell of a mess with the wiring, and there is a parasitic draw in one of the circuits. I am working on returning as much of the wiring to stock config as possible. Oh and working headlights and windshield wipers would be nice too. Hopefully will get the wiring for that sorted with the help of the wiring diagrams.

I have found a lot of great info here on this forum, and am hoping someone can help me out here.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an 88, I'll take a picture of my cover in the morning. Hopefully it's the same, they are the same generation (both bricks), so hopefully not a lot of change.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the off chance they're different I'll try and remember to take a picture of the one in my 91 as well.

Svbdn

Reaction score
Thank you both!

Might just have sorted out the glow plug / no start issue. PO had the wrong relay on the glow plug controller. Kept clicking continually. Put the right relay on, and the relay clicks once, and the wait to start light cycles normally. Will try starting the truck up tomorrow, don't want to wake the whole neighborhood lol

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the diagram on my 91

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to identify the wiper fuse, to see if the wiper motor is actually dead, or it is the circuit

I don't see a wiper fuse. Might just be an inline fusable link. Have you tried a voltmeter on the plugs for the wiper motor to check for power?

Do you have intermittent wipers? Do they work at all?

Svbdn

Reaction score
I don't see a wiper fuse. Might just be an inline fusable link. Have you tried a voltmeter on the plugs for the wiper motor to check for power?

Do you have intermittent wipers? Do they work at all?

Fixed the wipers, motor was seized. It was getting power from the switch, but not turning. New motor solved that problem. Now I need to track down the parasitic draw from fuse 17: anti lock breaks...

Thank you for the fuse diagram. Now I can see what fuses are missing that should be there...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party, been a busy day..... ended up working on a Chevy.......

Here are the ones from my 88 (see sig)

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party, been a busy day..... ended up working on a Chevy.......

I'm not sure how I beat you. I forgot all about it until I got back on here yesterday. Ran out special to take the pictures because I can't remember anything haha

Svbdn

Reaction score
Thank you both, its good to see two sources that are the same diagram, and my truck is between the two years. It is a safe bet that the layout remained unchanged.