fule lines

Will

Reaction score
my fule line on the injectors has a hole in in can i just put a rubber line on to replace it ??

and if there is any one around louisville that can help me with time on my truck??

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
If it is the return line they make a kit for that, it comes with the line new plastic caps, clamps and o-rings
There are a few members here that sell the kit.

gandalf

Reaction score
You've given us a choice of two lines. Actually to/on the injector you have a metal feed line and a soft return line. If it is the metal line, injector pump to the injector, you cannot replace it with anything but a metal line. That is a high pressure line, and rubber just wouldn't work, wouldn't hold the pressure. If you're talking about the rubber return line, then yes, replace it with like material. For the return line contact either Agnem or Typ4, both here on this forum.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rubber line you can get a Napa, they have it on a roll, just make sure you ask for fuel line. My 89 took 3/16 fuel line.

Will

Reaction score
thanks guys yes the rubber line comeing off the last injector on driver side to a metal line

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be way better off if you get the return line kit, and have the potential for way less headache.
Messing with the return lines will most likely cause the lines to leak air INTO the system, causing the fuel to drain back into the tank making it a HUGE pain to start thus putting more wear on the starter...and more money and work.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So your telling us the rubber line from the return line caps on nnumber 8 is leaking. Can you tell us why the line is leaking. Did something rub on it. Now if that plastic cap is leaking on the injecter then you may have an injecter that can't close and compression is backing up in the injecter and it burns a hle in the cap. You must have two vibration line clamps on each side of the engines hard injecter lines. If one or any of them are missing the hard lines will brack..

Will

Reaction score
well i had a ip put on and a elec fule pump. was thinking they moved or cracked the line. truck been sitting most of the winter. but when i did move or drive it all u smelled was fule. and the timeing is off