fuel tanks capacity?

bigrigdom

Reaction score
does anyone out there know how many gallons will fit into the fuel tanks on an 84 f250? I take deliveries for the company I work for and I fill up at the yard from thier tank but it doesnt tell me how many gallons im useing. im trying to figure out what kinda mileage im getting. thanks.
dom

bigrigdom

Reaction score
towcat, if my front tank is smaller than my back one would that mean it was aftermarket? cuz i can go about 150 miles further on my back tank than the front. unless of course my tank selector is backwards? it also looks like my front tank is smaller. what does it all mean basil?!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding that both tanks were @ 19 gallon, except shortbeds the front tank is shorter and smaller.

I can't find the proper reference to confirm at the moment.

*On Edit* Rear tank, all 19 gal. Front tank, 19 gal EXCEPT F-250 4x2 crew cab which is 16.5 gal.

Cab / chassis & 1/2 ton had some differences, I just quickly scanned diesel powered pickups (F-250 & F-350). The reference I had listed 83 - 86. As with any non-factory manual, don't take it as gospel.

Last edited:

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Specs on my rig says 19 gal both tanks. My rear tank is now the aftermarket 38 gal and I put a 3/4" vent along side the filler fitting up fairly high in the tank and it holds 43 gal.

Jim

bigrigdom

Reaction score
my truck is a single cab long bed 4x2 and I really do get a lot more miles on my back tank. im headed to Pamono, Ca tomorrow for the car swap meet towing my buddies '66 chevelle hes tryin to sell. well be drivin up and over the grapevine and I will undoubtedly be needing to fill up sometime this weekend so I will be sure to pay attention and get back to ya'll and let you know what I find out.