Fuel Tank Vaccum???

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Ok im a little lost here. Im working on the truck in my signiture. I see to have developed a vaccum in my front tank. Doesnt matter how full/empty the tank is, but if you remove the fuel cap, it makes a woosh sound. I have swapped caps and it still does it. Correct me if im wrong, but dont these tanks have a vent in the very top of the tank?

This all started about a month ago. Ever since my truck has been getting harder and harder to start. I have new batteries, new starter, new 15psi electric pump, new glow plugs and absolutely no air leaks in my fuel system! If the truck sits for over an hour or two, you have to crank the living heck outta it. Glow plugs are on a push button, and are functioning perfect.

Please give me some clues! I want my easy to start truck back lol!

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Im gonna try tomorrow, and see if i can reach the top of the tank, and pull it out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little creatures crawl in that vent hose for the winter and make a nest sometimes to keep warm. But then again the vent hose can deteriorate and collapses, or bend shut.

s.blake57

Reaction score
might sound bad to some people but i had to do this once take an air hose and pressurize ur tank just a little might blow ur vent tube out but be careful u might get a face full of diesel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle