fuel still leaking

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i finally got the international o ring in the fuel heater part(after hassling the guy trying to make me buy a 6 pack at $3.80 each), but it still leaking. what is the line coming out of the filter housing, torwards the front, and goes straight down? i think it might be coming from the bottom of that, but idk for sure. im going to drive it about 40 or so miles and fill up. If it i still getting 10mpg, im going to take it to a local diesel mechanic

RWF350

Reaction score
I think you are describing the supply line from the fuel lift pump. FWI: I lost 3-4 MPG when ultra low sulpher fuel hit the pumps. My in-bed tank had been out of service for a few years. Fixed the problem last month, drained the water and put a new filter on it(that tank has it's own) and ran the fuel that was in it (about 20 gals) Boom, I went from 10 MPG to 13 MPG. Of course now it's back to 10 MPG on new fuel again.

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im coming from 17-18 mpg. and that was a couple of months ago

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i took it to the mechanic, and he aid it was coming out of the fuel heater plug. but it was coming out of the middle, not the outer edge. so it needs to be replaced. he aid the heating element was $172 from the ford dealer. And then he said a couple injectors were leaking, and new seals(i thhink thats what he said) are needed. the parts for those were $105. do those prices sound right?

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats what i was thinking. where online could i find a set?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online