Fuel sender unit

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my fuel sender unit in the tank is bad. The fuel gauge is all over the place except where it should be. Last week I did something I had not done in a long time and that was to fill the tank. Before then I had not completely filled it in a long time. The past few months when I would get fuel the gauge would take a long time to go up to where it was supposed to be. Lately is does not usually get past a quarter tank and when I filled up the gauge did not move so I came to a sudden stop and the gauge went to half a tank even though the tank was just filled. The gauge can go from half a tank one minute and go to empty the next and then start going up again.

I don't have the normal front and rear tanks that an E350 would have but I do have one big tank that I think is 34 gallons. Does anyone have an idea if the sender unit is still available. I tried checking the Motorcraft site and it does not allow me to enter the vin as it comes back not a valid Ford vin and when I try to select by make it does not list and makes. This would be for a Ford RV cutaway with I believe is a 152" wheelbase.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
while i don't know where you could get a fuel sender for it, but my past experience with the ford senders sticking low is that the float develops a pinhole in it and sinks. You'll see the gauge move as the fuel sloshes.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I had sunken floats in both of my tanks and still have one sender that does not work. Good thing it is the front, I can take it out and tinker without a lot of bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online