Fuel Sender Floats

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW - I think I’ve seen you mention the disabled fuel heater a couple times, the fuel heater does nothing on these trucks. Mine is disconnected and will remain so. Even the one on my 6.0 is disconnected.

Gary @icanfixall found the instructions to use that heater, you are supposed to turn the ignition to the run/on position for 15 minutes before you start the truck. I’d say the return fuel does more to warm the fuel than that heater ever would.

All that heater is good for is an air intrusion point WHEN it leaks, or if/when it shorts out and you have the E4OD transmission, it same fuse supplies power to both and you throw the transmission into limp mode.

Like many others, I am going to remove all the heater parts from the filter head and thread the hole and put a plug in it......

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not to say it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen a 7.3 powerstroke heater leak. But it does have a simple oring.
My filters and pump are mounted on the frame. No heater there, catches a lot of wind too. No issues.

I would blow out the lines and selector valve.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW -

Like many others, I am going to remove all the heater parts from the filter head and thread the hole and put a plug in it......

You might consider getting rid of the whole filter assembly. Look at pics 2-4 in the album linked below. I did this a few years ago and have been very happy with it. And I did not need anybody's kit.

https://goo.gl/photos/hQSWmXVQ6HsMVWzh6

craig_g

Reaction score
I found a suitable float (new) at SummitRacing.com part number SDK-C0AZ-9202-B for $5.65 plus shipping. Hope it lasts!

Thanks for all the advice and tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726