fuel pressure

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so as well. Your measuring method or tools or both are flawed. There is less than 15psi atmospheric air pressure where ever you are on this earth. If you're measuring for vacuum with a vacuum gauge that is absolute, I can see where you could see 17psi. At sea level, that would mean slightly more than 2psi positive gauge pressure. Or, in other words, it's the probable/calibration difference between the other two ports.

You cannot have more than absolute zero pressure for vacuum so you can't have more than about 14.7psi vacuum readings unless you are not starting from atmospheric. Based on your first post, you should probably try a different gauge. But, based on your last post, things seem to be fine.

Re: DeepRoots,

I can think of one scenario where driving with a clogged fuel filter could be bad. If you have an electric lift pump by itself on in conjunction with the mechanic lift pump, you could tear the fuel filter. It is not supported in the center and the pleats can just fold in and tear letting a bunch of crap go right into your IP. Don't ask me how I know, just look at some my past postings. I don't know what the limit is of the pressure the pleats will hold but I was running about 10psi to the factory filter.

whats the right way to test fuel pressure? also i used 2 differant gauges

TestDriver

Reaction score
whats the right way to test fuel pressure? also i used 2 differant gauges

Ah, the two gauges might be your issue.

I would think the Schraeder side is fine. It's after the paper element and pressure should be the same as the filter outlet and the pressure switch side. I myself had a gauge tee'd off the pressure switch port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online