Fuel Injector Pump Question

pcpotter

Reaction score
:dunno I am wanting to boost my power up on my 1991 F250 diesel, I am new at this diesel thing. I have been told that you can turn the injector pump up to put more fuel in the injectors, but I do not know how to do this, can some one help me out please from what I have been told it is a simple process but it easy to go to far and mess things up.
Thanks Patrick

sassyrel

Reaction score
and since yours is na(naturally aspirated--no turbo) your only going to get so much benefit from turning up the fuel--its when a turbo is put on--things start to shape up---:D

pcpotter

Reaction score
Thanks

and since yours is na(naturally aspirated--no turbo) your only going to get so much benefit from turning up the fuel--its when a turbo is put on--things start to shape up---:D
Yea I know but I just can't swing a turbo right now and don't see it happening anytime soon so I'm gonna do what I can with what I have. Thanks

pcpotter

Reaction score
Hey I got the info and really liked what you sent thanks a bunch I think it going to be very helpful it does sound like it is going to be a weekend project because seeing as how I'm new to the diesel world I'm going to take my time again thanks

pcpotter

Reaction score
Already working on that

Look into better more free flowing exhaust system.

Taking the muffler off is the first thing I did, I cut the muffler off and went back with a straight pipe and brought it out just in front of back tire, my plans are to put duals on and possibly headers I was told it would make a big difference but got more than I expected I was pleasantly surprised. I got this truck from a friend of mine that bought it from another person that didn't know what he was doing and I got it for a still, it sat on a dairy for 6 years used there never gotten on the Hwy during time nor was it tagged or inspected so this is one of those "work in progress deals" if you know what I mean drivable though and I am having fun with it but the budget has gotten very tight for now. Speedo doesn't work and hasn't since he got it I did disconnect it from the tranny 5spd and hooked a drill up to the cable and that part works, the best him and I can figure it only has around 150to 175th miles. The person that had it before him changed out the wear axle and I guess he didn't make sure it was geared with the front axle because the transfer case as been worked on extensively .
I have been on this site less than 5 hours and I already like it a great deal THANKS EVERYONE

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know about those work in progress deals. Part of better exhaust is larger exhaust so when you go with duals you might want to go 2 1/2". The only manufacture of headers for these engines that I know of are Stan's and they are almost as expensive as a used turbo system.