fuel filter

aaklingler

Reaction score
I picked up a 3817 fuel filter from napa for my 96 and I tried puting it in my 95 but it's about a half inch to tall, it came with the lid attached, am I missing something or is it known not to get fuel filters there. Does fleetgaurd make one, whats the part number?
Allen

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get your filter at an IH dealer, just the filter, not with the top attached, lot cheaper. Save the top from the old filter, you may need it in the future if you go with one that has the top attached.

You sure you have the new filter pushed down far enough, bottom o'ring can cause a hard push down.

aaklingler

Reaction score
Somebody had left the bottom of a filter in there and i think it had a sd filter in it, except it had the screen on the filter instead of the lid and it had an oring on the top.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I just found someone left the bottom of one in my housing last FF switch. Makes a lot of sense why i always had problems tightning down my filter top. The only reason I even noticed it was because i saw a little bit of sludge buildup on it, [dang WMO, you filter to one mic and still end up with a little junk every now and then, lol] I tried to clean it off, and it moved. Made sense when I realized it wasn't suposed to be there is why the lid was always stuburn.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I have my old filter if you want to compair what yours had in it Allen. I'll throw it in my tool box so i have it next time I see you at the farm.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Racor INF 4595 is the correct OEM fuel filter.
Some aftermarket lids for some reason don't fit.

You must be registered for see images

On edit I think you need Napa 3517

Last edited:

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Advance in Selinsgrove carrys the oem style filter too. I know because I have the aftermarket style with the lid attached and they tryed to give me the other one without the lid. If I remember rite it is the third fuel filter down on there computer listing in the store [motorcraft filter I believe] I can get the part number for you if you want it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70