Fuel Filter micron ratings

Gone Huntin'

Reaction score
I just had my IP rebuilt and the guy that rebuilt it asked me to use a fuel filter with a micron rating of atleast 10, but preferrably 6. I've been reading what I can find on different manufacturers filters and just don't find many that list the micron ratings. The WIX/NAPA 3617 that I'm running now has a rating of 12. Baldwin doesn't give micron ratings and feels that a filter shouldn't be chosen according to micron ratings. Does anyone have any micron info on any filters that might help me? Thanks

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
If you don't mind adding an inline filter as I did, you could use the same one I did - Perma Cool and it is a 2 micron filter, so it is better than suggested. I have had mine on for about a year now, getting ready to replace the element this week as well as my 7.3 converted element.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you. The PermaCool ones are like $14 which is less than most "standard" fuel filters I have seen, so I just buy them. I bought a couple filters when I bought the head and haven't changed them. My truck doesn't seem to like the ULSD and I don't know exactly why, so I am going to start with a fuel filter change. Seems to crank a little more than it used to, not much, but I worry this is the start of something bigger! The fuel system less the IP is all new, so there shouldn't be any sludge or anything for a fuel change to break loose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online