Fuel Delivery...

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in your saw website as well, I've got my Great Grandpas saw I'd like to get running again.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
now if I read that right you cranked from the seat then ran around and hit the schrader valve while not cranking? if so you will never see fuel coming from the schrader that way besides maybe a little spirt or bubbles, when bleeding the air from the truck you must hold the schrader open while cranking, then once fuel is air free release schrader and then stop cranking,

Sorry if I read wrong and you were doing it right.

As far as the epump goes, imo it is a valuable piece of equipment, I can install an e pump quicker and easier than a mechanical, I dont have to crank to clear air from lines and they are no where near computers, the whole operation of the pump is mechanical besides the electric motor. I am going on 6 years on my cheapo procomp with the same specs as a holley red

Duke Thieroff

Reaction score
now if I read that right you cranked from the seat then ran around and hit the schrader valve while not cranking? if so you will never see fuel coming from the schrader that way besides maybe a little spirt or bubbles, when bleeding the air from the truck you must hold the schrader open while cranking, then once fuel is air free release schrader and then stop cranking,

Sorry if I read wrong and you were doing it right.

As far as the epump goes, imo it is a valuable piece of equipment, I can install an e pump quicker and easier than a mechanical, I dont have to crank to clear air from lines and they are no where near computers, the whole operation of the pump is mechanical besides the electric motor. I am going on 6 years on my cheapo procomp with the same specs as a holley red

It would seem that way from what I typed.

I had my wife come out and crank while I held the a header valve open, but throughout my various tests alone to draw fuel I ended up noticing what was going on with air coming out of the schrader valve.

I ended up just buying the e-pump. Had planned on it for quite awhile and finally took the plunge. Whether or not that is the issue remains to be seen, I'll get all the prep work on it done today or tomorrow, then pick up some extra diesel fuel to top the tanks off with. One way or another the rig will run!

Chris

Duke Thieroff

Reaction score
+3 on yer saw site

Thanks for the interest in the site guys!

I'm just starting to get stuff loaded up and currently have about 700 items, but plenty more things not listed. Feel free to drop me an email about something if you don't see it on the site. If I don't have it I can likely get it.

My apologies if this advertisement is against forum rules, if it is please inform me and I will delete it.

www.sawsalvage.com

[email protected]

Thanks guys

Chris

Duke Thieroff

Reaction score
Got the pump today and put it in.

Batteries on charge, we'll test her out in the AM.

Fingers crossed. I need my truck. I heat solely with firewood and bituminous coal. Stocks are getting too low for my liking, it's been a long winter, not to mention I like the 4wd when the roads are bad. That little FWD Impala ain't too good in the snow, hate to steal the wife's AWD all the time.

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carter P4070. Orielly advance and the zoo either stock them or can get them same day. Airtex boxed units usually have a carter sticker on the actual pump unit.

Mounts on frame between fsv and fuel inlet to engine. Great little pumps but not self priming. Never had an issue, good pressure good flow. Quiet but not silent. Recommend to anyone and everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online