FS - ZF-5 Trans !!Shipping INCLUDED!!

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Since I know alot of people on here really want a ZF-5, I am gonna include shipping on the purchase price.

I was asking 1000.00 OBO and you pay shipping, but now if you buy it for 1100.00, I will pay the shipping no matter where its going in the Continental 48 States. There will be no extra to you, just 1100 bux.

Does this sound like a good deal?? I really need to get rid of it!

Thanks Chris

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
what condition?

Its in running driving condition! No grinding at all. Goes into each gear perfect. Only thing that I have done to is notched the tail shaft mounting plate to except a NP-205 Tcase. Its actually still in my truck, I have just decided to part it out.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
which by the way my buddy over at the junkyard is willing to give me.

he does (just to make damn sure) want a measurement of the front shaft if ya would.
middle of the ujoint cup to the center of where the carrier bearing would be.

if you'd be so kind....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
which by the way my buddy over at the junkyard is willing to give me.

he does (just to make damn sure) want a measurement of the front shaft if ya would.
middle of the ujoint cup to the center of where the carrier bearing would be.

if you'd be so kind....
Sure I'll get that for ya! and the rear specs too!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this sound like a good deal?? I really need to get rid of it!

Thanks Chris

Chris, Not to step on your toes, but that's a bit pricey. That's in the range of a rebuilt ZF5. If I was going to pay $1100 for a used ZF5, I'd expect to get the T-case, clutch, flywheel, and the shafts. :dunno

Heath

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Parts prices must differ ALLOT from state to state. $1100 doesnt even come close to junk yard prices for a 4x4 ZF5 around here.
Then if ya were talking about a ZF conversion you'd need to look at more like $1600-1800.
A reman ZF through the local tranny shop is like $2400, just to let ya know. I know because I asked a while back.
Just my .02 on the issue. I think Chris is trying to give a good deal.
Bump for ya bud.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that but that includes shipping. I will sell it for 700 you pay shipping.

That's a good price. We just bought one for that, and I picked it up. Heck, I'd come pick up yours if I had the cash free right now. I'd love to put one in the Moosestang.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parts prices must differ ALLOT from state to state. $1100 doesnt even come close to junk yard prices for a 4x4 ZF5 around here.
Then if ya were talking about a ZF conversion you'd need to look at more like $1600-1800.
A reman ZF through the local tranny shop is like $2400, just to let ya know. I know because I asked a while back.
Just my .02 on the issue. I think Chris is trying to give a good deal.
Bump for ya bud.

Dude, that is absolutely ridiculous! You can get remans on flee-bay for much less than that! $2400 for a reman:puke: ........those guys must gold plate the thing.cookoo LOL I've never see those kind of prices in Ky.:dunno For that price, you might as well put up the extra cash and get a Gear Vendors.

Heath

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
dude...
I'm still getting sh*t for that. the guys at work think I'm a hero, my wife thinks I'm crazy (previously believed tho).

I stuffed the flywheel, clutch, everything in the trunk with the zf5... you shoulda seen it. wired the trunk halfway shut.
I had talked my wife into mailing clothes home, since it'd be cheaper than mailing the trans.
unfortunatly when I was wrapping the driveshaft in a towel and was gonna raise the rear windows of the car to hold it in place she put a halt to it all.

so as a refresher.... family vacation, two kids, tiny tiny 1996 Saturn Sl1, wife, transmission, and all part needed for c6-zf swap (except crossmember and driveshaft).

it was interesting.
Drew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online