FS: 1985 F-350 C & C Flatbed 6.9l IDI T19 2WD DRW

dmm

Reaction score
Hi!

Money has been scarce lately so I need to sell my other truck. Once upon a time it had a tilt bed, but the hydraulics were removed and the bed fixed in place by a previous owner. The odometer stands at 15,304; I think it's safe to say it has rolled over at least once.

The Good:

1. Last year I did a cold compression test. I've since misplaced the numbers but they were more or less okay: no dead cylinders.
  2. The truck came from a southern state and has no structural rust.
  3. A new Motorcraft water pump was recently installed.
  4. The previous owner installed a supposedly rebuilt injection pump.
The Bad:

1. Water is leaking from the block heater. I don't know if the block is cracked as I haven't gotten around to pulling the starter and performing a thorough inspection.
  2. There's a noticeable exhaust chuff, blue smoke on hard acceleration, and the tailpipe is oily.
  3. When decelerating in third the transmission tends to come out of gear unless you keep light pressure on the shift lever.
The Ugly:

1. The previous owner converted the preheat system to manual and installed Autolite glow plugs. They're all dead now and I haven't replaced them.
  2. He had also installed an electric fuel pump that failed during my return trip. I replaced it with a Holley Red pump to get me home but the installation was, to put it kindly, improvised and I haven't invested the time and money to improve it.
  3. The paint is faded, the interior is shabby, the A/C doesn't work, and the radio is missing.
I think that's all, but I've probably forgotten something.

I put this truck on Craigslist but got few responses. The scrapyard will give me $400 for it, but I feel it's wrong to crush, shred, and ship it overseas to be turned into soup cans or whatever; not to mention that's less than half what I paid for it.

I'd like to sell this truck complete, but if there's no interest I'm willing to part it out.

Additional information and pictures are available upon request.

Thanks for looking!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dmm

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, now would be the time. Next week she is off to the boneyard. It pains me to do it, but I need the money.