Front hub problems

Codyp86

Reaction score
I am trying to get the front hub off and all of the tools that I have used are not working. The axle is a Dana 50 TTB. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get the front hub off and all of the tools that I have used are not working. The axle is a Dana 50 TTB. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you calling the "hub"? The spindle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or the 4x4 lockout?

You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call anything on the outside of the spindle the HUB. The spindle is not part of the hub but the "Hub Assy", that has bearings and the Warn Locking Hub is the "HUB".

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so... 6 hex bolts, off comes the "hub cover" Behind that, you'll have a loose spring(remove). To get the next piece out, there are two snap rings - one on the end of the axle shaft in the center, and one around the very edge of the aluminum "hub" piece - it's a flat ring that's like 2 full wraps of steel. You have to get one end out with a pick and then just work it around. With that out the "hub" slides out(I usually use two of the hex bolts from the cover to guide it out).

Behind that is a bunch of grease and you can see the outer spindle nut - "key" plate - inner spindle nut. With those three removed, you can pull on the large hub piece(the whole thing that spins) and out it comes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01