Front end sagging like an old women!

paintedreams

Reaction score
Has anyone fixed the sagging front end on the D50. I was thinking of getting some leaf springs and add one to each side has anyone tried this or have any other sugestions.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Probably need axle pivot bushings, there are two bolts, one at the end of each axle beam, that go through a bracket and have a nut on the backside. One you can see from the front, one from the back. There is or should be a bushing there. It is probably worn out. These make a big difference in alignment and front end placement.
James

Attachments

• oldaxlepivotright.jpg
    oldaxlepivotright.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 32
  • oldpivotbushing.jpg
    oldpivotbushing.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 24

paintedreams

Reaction score
My leaf springs are arched the wrong way. Where did you get those leafs from?

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Our trucks came with 'negative arch' springs up front. They aren't arched the wrong way, but they do weaken over time. Best if you check your front end completely though before you stiffen it up with add a leafs.
James

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best solution is the airbags. You install them on top of the springs, and just air them up for your favourite ride/height adjustment.

There's a couple companies that offer them. I've got a set of "ride-rites" by firestone sitting in my shop, that I might consider selling...

Zigg :)

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I've done both. I've got one truck with airbags almost exactly like the ones Zigg shows and another truck with the Tuff Country add-a-leafs. I haven't decided which I like better yet (add-a-leafs are only 4 weeks old). I think if your truck is completely stock and you just want to raise the front, add-a-leafs are the easiest and most cost effective. If you have a heavy aftermarket bumper or snow plow, then bags are the way to go. I don't notice much difference ride wise. Remember if you are going to the trouble of getting the sag out, then new shocks are in order also. Kinda like the "lift and separate" bra deal.:rotflmao

Tom

seanpistol

Reaction score
bags would suck with a twin I beam front axle. if they weren't exactly the same, alignment would suffer. with a D60, if they were off a tad it would just look like the truck was going down the road crooked.