Front Dana 60 gear swap

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i posted this a bit ago but no one really fallowed through. I just replaced my rear 10.25 gears from 4.10 to 3.55. My front Dana 60 has 4.10 gears in it as well. I am looking for someone to trade the front Dana 60 3.55 gears for my 4.10 gears. If you need the rears also ill throw those in. Let me know thanks

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me as well. it hard to find these. i called local shops, and as is sits right now they dont cut these anymore. new gears will have to be cut. about 450$. sucks

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
If you want to roadtrip to Oregon, I'd probably do that deal. I think the gears are too long on my CC and I would prefer 4.10's. I can roll down the freeway at 75 and still turn 1900 RPM's or so.

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to roadtrip to Oregon, I'd probably do that deal. I think the gears are too long on my CC and I would prefer 4.10's. I can roll down the freeway at 75 and still turn 1900 RPM's or so.

at 1900 what kind of gear box do have on that thing? if you are will to ship the gears i would send my compleet set of 4.10s for your front dana 60 3.55.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I think it's the combination of 3.55's, running basically 33's, and having that 0.76:1 OD gear that does it. I really have to get hauling along to break 2000. I really do not want to have my truck all pulled apart though and I've never pulled the gears in my truck, so I would really prefer not to have to tackle that alone the first time, otherwise I'll screw something up, most likely..

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's the combination of 3.55's, running basically 33's, and having that 0.76:1 OD gear that does it. I really have to get hauling along to break 2000. I really do not want to have my truck all pulled apart though and I've never pulled the gears in my truck, so I would really prefer not to have to tackle that alone the first time, otherwise I'll screw something up, most likely..

oh i know about the gear swap could quite scary because if you do screw it up you cant go anywhere, and i am sorry that i miss understood you. i thought you were looking for a gear swap. sorry

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
oh i know about the gear swap could quite scary because if you do screw it up you cant go anywhere, and i am sorry that i miss understood you. i thought you were looking for a gear swap. sorry

I wouldn't mind doing a gear swap, that's why I suggested to the OP doing a road trip to Oregon, that way we could have both trucks together and get it done. I would prefer 4.10's in my truck, but like I said, I don't want to dig into my axles alone the first time..

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option, if both axles are in roughly the same condition and he'd be willing to run up to Oregon, would be to swap the entire axles. Actually, if Allan isn't interested in that, and if you're in a position to wait a few months, I might be interested in going that route...

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Yeah I might hold off anyway now. My neighbor is talkin like he wants to buy my truck and if I hash out a good price for it, I may just sell it to him. He's potentially talkin some pretty large numbers too, enough that it's hard to not think about. We'll see how it goes, but if it falls through, I'll all you guys in mind, because I think this beast would do better with 4.10's personally.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 3:55's in a parts truck I'm buying , and I need 4:10's , anyone interested in swapping ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online