From the factory

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Since I ventued over here to the dark side from my IDI,what kinda TQ do these PSD's have from the factory? How much boost? The truck is so far stock, only mods that I have done is CAT delete ( or guted ) . The turbo down pipe will go sooner or later and yee yaw pipe(s). Are there any fixes for the nasty faded headlight houseings ? How are the fuel pick up tubes built? Im sure I'll have questions later.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Since I ventued over here to the dark side from my IDI,what kinda TQ do these PSD's have from the factory? How much boost? The truck is so far stock, only mods that I have done is CAT delete ( or guted ) . The turbo down pipe will go sooner or later and yee yaw pipe(s). Are there any fixes for the nasty faded headlight houseings ? How are the fuel pick up tubes built? Im sure I'll have questions later.

I'm with you on this one, how did the kittydectomy go?LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 97 had 225 hp and about 400/425 TQ from the factory. Boost levels in stock trim (stock intake and stock down pipe) were probably 17-20 lbs.

You IDI guys already have the corner on the faded headlight market, just get some plexi polish and get to rubbin. I think someone even did some wet sanding with 2000 grit or something like that...... do a search on it or repost it in the IDI.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you'll have 17-20 lbs when your toenails are against the radiator with a full load on behind. Unloaded and cruising @ 65 on the highway youll be around 5-6 lbs.

'course of you chip it, do your intake and downpipe and scrap the exhaust and drop some big squirters in you can make 40 psi too. :D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap white toothpaste, not the gel stuff, will polish faded/yellowed clear plastic. That what I used when restoring Tonka Toy windshields, worked great.

IIRC Flitz polish also works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online