Friends new IDI, few questions on 'er.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Buddy got a smokin' deal on a '94 one ton crew 4x4 that needs just a little help. Factory turbo'd motor that runs strong, E4OD that shifts great, and other than there's a possible hub problem up front, no problems in the driveline.

We are pretty sure someone loved this truck in the past, as it's got add on wood trim, extra running lights, pretty well optioned, and used to be taken care of. Then it appears the truck came to a very abrupt stop hard enough to push whatever was in the bed through the bed front and smashed the back of the cab in. Front end is put back together more or less, but not quite lined up exactly. Figured it got salvaged and picked up by a construction outfit as it was full of screws, paintsticks, gloves, ect, and wired for a lightbar.

Anyway, got the brakes all redone with new lines, and scrounged up some matching sized tires for inspection after a few more details are taken care of.

There was a fuel leak under a rubber cap I'm pointing to in the photo. Not sure what that does or is suppose to do, so we unscrewed it where a little spring came out as well. Have a pipe plug blocking it off now, but curious what it's actually for.

Adrianspeeder

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 59

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I believe that you're pointing to the pressure sender, it's what activates the fuel filter light on the dash.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually no, he's pointing at the barb fitting for the filter head return line that in the factory setup runs from there down to the #1 injector - bet they were getting air intrusion so at some point they eliminated that return line to prevent the air from making it up to the filter. I did the same for a bit till I remembered to get a 1/8" NPT solid brass plug to install in place of the barb fitting, just like you guys did. The spring is for a little check ball that's supposed to be there to prevent air intrusions through the return lines, but my filter head didn't have that, just the fitting.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That fitting is to allow air trapped in the filter to return to the tanks via the return lines. Usually its connected to the number one injector return line. I never had this on my 89 rig so I have a pressure gauge in that port...:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7